Friday, March 26, 2010

A Party Life

The last three weeks have become quite a routine. Every free moment I've had, I have spent hanging out with friends, drinking, and dancing the night away. Whether it's at a night club or at a sports bar, I have been there. I know it's a phase and I'll bet it ends in six weeks when my writing class ends. At least I hope it does.

Could this be a stress related phase or is it just a chance to let my hair down and just have fun? Who knows, and at this point who cares. I'm having fun and I'm still keeping up with the day to day activities. Everything except my novels. Perhaps, I needed a break.

I'm not too sure I'd want to give up all of this fun, but it does grow old after awhile. I also use this time to gain inspiration and enjoy conversation. I find many small details make an entrance into my writing. One dance inspired me to write a Cinderella type story while tasting different drinks sent me around the world, finding just the perfect character for a comedy. I realize all I have to do is keep my eyes open and there's a world of tales right in under my nose.

So maybe I should enjoy this college moment in my life and gather as much inspiration as I can before I get bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment